Skip to main content

"I Do" Believe in the Vested Power of a Written Referral

Photo credit www.TamythaCameron.com
Cece Liekar-Campanini & Steve Campanini photo credit Tamytha Cameron
Planning a second wedding was relatively simple because our focus was to merely share this blessed moment with our family and close friends. In fact, we were able to finalize all details of the events within a very short time frame and we attribute that to our many connections and of course, fate.

Now, seven months later, our wedding photographer reached out to request a written referral for services provided.  Tamytha Cameron was suggested to us by the owner of Goldenlight Creative who did our couture engagement photos in a studio.  The price was below budget and her website displayed soft, romantic photo albums of location and local weddings.

We never met before the wedding and I gave no list of preferred images. Tamytha arrived at Gleneagles Country Club and we met in the dressing room where I was being primped by a make-up artist and hair stylist. The whole wedding and reception seemed to fast-forward through the stages.  Then we packed up and went home to live happily ever after.


A week later we were in Paris, France for our honeymoon and received an email from Tamytha with a download link to all our wedding pictures. The nine chronologically labeled folders contained a total of 519 pictures!  Best wedding present ever.

Of course, it is my pleasure to write a 5-star referral for Tamytha Cameron Photography on www.weddingwire.com, who is also a recipient of the 2016 WeddingWire Couples' Choice Award and her reviews are accessible here: https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/tamytha-cameron-photography-plano/b13586a20754d24d.html.

I had no idea she captured all those moments throughout the evening but I'm eternally grateful to know that Tamytha took ownership of preserving each one individually.  Yes, "I Do" believe in the vested power of a written referral.  I also hope that many other future brides will select Tamytha for their blessed day and take the time to give a nod to her skills and artistic talents.

Resource Links & Articles:
"How to Choose the Best Wedding Photographer for You" by TamythaCameronBlog.com
"Think Twice Before Writing That Negative Vendor Review" by OffbeatBride.com
"Questions To Ask A Potential Wedding Photographer" by HereComesTheGuide.com
"Why These Brides Won't Refer Their Wedding Photographers" by BrideBoxPro.

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Booth Shines at Downtown Plano Art & Wine Walk

There were 18 wine samplings on the route at the Downtown Plano Art & Wine Walk held Thursday, September 14, 2017. And while The League Lady did not partake in the liquid tastings because we have three events in the next three weeks, it was an interesting event to attend for the first time. As a marketing agency, we think that Simple Booth outshined the 80's band, tasting notes, and shop discounts. In fact, hundreds of people took pause to stand in front of the nearly blinding HALO light that also happens to create a glowing complexion for all posers. 
In doing a bit of research we discovered that Simple Booth is a pretty cool concept for small events. We've already downloaded the app and requested information on how to acquire the whole set-up. It appears to require a tripod, attachment for the iPad, lighting, and the optional on-site printer. As with all technology we always purchase extra batteries for wireless devices. They recommend a professional backdrop but most o…

The JORDAN GREENWOOD: Collecting Experience And Creating Stories

By: THE Jordan Greenwood
Ever since I was young I have had a passion for creating stories. When I was very little it began with playing make believe, and by middle school I was writing my own fiction as a means of creative expression and escapism. At that time, I had thought I’d pursue a career in theater or film, but of course as we get older we change and I chose to pursue Marketing at Texas Tech University instead. Even though I knew I was on the right path, as I began to wrap up my junior year in the spring, I was plagued with the question: what do I want to do with my degree? 
Then I was hired to work the Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival for The League Lady in May, and by the end of the summer I would have my answer to that question. I worked the Inaugural Blues, Brews & 'Que at Oak Point Amphitheater and the Texas Festivals & Events Association Convention & Trade Show in Fort Worth for The League Lady  and discovered that I am capable of a lot more than I orig…

"DxO ONE Camera Cuts Social Sharing Time for Photography & Video"

Time is more than a measure of events when we as storytellers attempt to archive sequential moments through photography. It takes time to plan the album in advance.  Time spent making sure that we are standing in the exact spot to capture the sunrise before it shines, the hot air balloons as they glow under the stars, and the adrenaline smirks of a rock band when they walk off stage.  

The real challenge of time is the delay between capturing and sharing those photographs.  My Nikon D3100 originates more than a thousand photos in 48 hours at the InTouch Credit Union Plano Balloon Festival. On-site coverage requires timely delivery which means I have to pause to download, edit, and post pictures to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google Plus. 

Last September I read an article in The Wall Street Journal titled "DXO ONE Review:  Finally, an iPhone Camera Good Enough For a Pro."  I immediately thought of the hefty Nikon that becomes an extension of my hand during client events.�…